A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words...

Send your thousand words to Sorella Langham at the following address:

Until May in the Missionary Training Center:
Sister Rebecca Leigh Langham
Italy Milan Mission
Provo Missionary Training Center
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84606

And from May 2010 until September 2011:
Sister Rebecca Leigh Langham
Italy Milan Mission
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
Italy

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Verona, Italy - October 6, 2010

Conference this week was awesome, yeah? We were able to watch the Relief Society session on Saturday afternoon (this weekend, they show it the week after here), then Saturday morning session on Saturday evening, then Saturday evening we watched Sunday afternoon (the men watched priesthood Sunday morning), and then Sunday morning on Sunday evening. It was beautiful! I watched the Relief Society session in English with an investigator who came, and then Saturday morning in Italian because we were waiting for investigators who never came, then Saturday afternoon in English because no investigators came, and then Sunday morning in Italian with two investigators who came and both loved it. It was a great experience and everyone who came really felt the spirit and the truth of Thomas Monson as a prophet today. It was awesome. He spoke out really strongly in the Relief Society session, yeah? In Italian there is a phrase, 'rompere le scattole,' which means 'to break boxes,' which is used to sort of refer to a scolding, maybe, or something, and everyone was talking about how President Monson really broke our boxes there. It was great.

Also, we did scambio this week with the Sorelle in Modena, and it was so fun! I went to Modena to work with Sorella Ryan, whom I have never been with before, and Sorella Harper came here with Sorella Mullen, and they had fun in Verona. I loved getting to be with Sorella Ryan, and it was way fun getting to know another sister in the mission. She is awesome. This is her second transfer, and she is so excited to be here and work hard. It was fun spending a scambio with someone new, especially since Sorella Harper and I did get to see each other all p-day today. In fact, our train got back late, so unfortunately we don't have the full email time today so this will be a little short. But today was great, it was fun to have my birthday on a p-day. Sorella Harper and Sorella Mullen called me early right in the morning from Verona to sing happy birthday, and they brought down to Modena the birthday card Kirsten sent, which had arrived while I was in Modena on scambio, so I got to open it. Kirsten, thank you sooooo much!! It was so perfect, I was so excited to open it and hear your voice! What a perfect card. i love you, thank you!

I've had a great day, and a great week, and now my email is about to kick me off...sorry. But I love you, and thank you so much for the birthday wishes, they really made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment