A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words...

Send your thousand words to Sorella Langham at the following address:

Until May in the Missionary Training Center:
Sister Rebecca Leigh Langham
Italy Milan Mission
Provo Missionary Training Center
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84606

And from May 2010 until September 2011:
Sister Rebecca Leigh Langham
Italy Milan Mission
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
Italy

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Verona, Italy - December 1, 2010

''It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere you go!'' It snowed this morning in Verona! It was Sorella Mullen's first time seeing snow falling, and she was super duper excited. It was really cute to see her running around all over the house to all the different windows trying to get the best view. She was so excited she even called the Anziani to tell them, and they are all from Utah or Colorado, and one from New Hampshire, and thus all very familiar with snow, and thought it was really funny how excited she was. Also, today for p-day we went around centro (downtown), and it really does look awesomely Christmas-like. They've got this great Christmas market, a German one, actually, just like the one Dad and I went to in Nurnburg, but smaller. The workers are even from Germany. It's beautiful. Cold, but beautiful. The bikes are harder with the weather being so cold and wet. Hmph. Well, that at least was the proof that it is truly beginning to look like Christmas in Verona, but i sure hope it's true that it is looking like Christmas everywhere you go because, at long last, after seven months, five transfers, four companions, and literally hundreds of lessongs taught (over 500, I do believe), I am leaving Verona. The transfer call came yesterday, and I will be going to Modena! So not too far, just a little jump south. Crazy. It feels so weird to actually be leaving, transfers didn't ever really feel real because I have still been in my first city all the way till now, which by the way this week in the halfway point of my mission. I love Verona and the people here so much, and I have really loved my time and the opportunity to serve here. I am excited for a new adventure in Modena, though! I will be with Sorella Ryan, with whom I have done two scambi, and I like her very much. I have had a really wonderful experience here in Verona, and I am really going to miss these people. But I also feel very strongly that going to Modena is where the Lord wants me to go right now, and I am excited for it! I love missionary work.

No comments:

Post a Comment