A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words...

Send your thousand words to Sorella Langham at the following address:

Until May in the Missionary Training Center:
Sister Rebecca Leigh Langham
Italy Milan Mission
Provo Missionary Training Center
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84606

And from May 2010 until September 2011:
Sister Rebecca Leigh Langham
Italy Milan Mission
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
Italy

Saturday, October 23, 2010

July 28, 2010 - Verona, Italy

Of course the biggest news of the week is what happens for transfers! When I got my mission call, there were three missions in Italy: Milan in the north, Rome in the middle, and Catania in the south. Just this transfer the change happened and they closed the Catania mission and combined all of that area with the Rome mission, making there be just two missions in italy: Milan top half and Rome bottom half. They also moved the northern part of the Rome mission into our mission to even out the geographical area of the two missions, which happens to be Tuscany, so now Tuscany is in our mission! The reason this is relevant is because my new companion here in Verona will be coming from Florence, which was formerly part of the Rome mission. Her name is something like Sister Tachamuri, but I suppose I will find out tomorrow for certain when we meet in Milan! So that is exciting. Sorella Rossi goes home, of course, because it has been a year and a half for her. Strange to already be starting my third transfer.

Oh! The Romanian investigator totally came to church again, and then met with us yesterday for a lesson and says she will meet us again on Friday. How bizarre. We still can't communicate, but we should be getting some stuff in Romanian and we can just read together instead!

Weirdest food for the week was this creepy corn pudding thing, but without any sugar. I had a hard time swallowing; it was so gross I just wanted to gag. I took your slogan very much to heart, Dad, of “where you lead, I will follow. What you feed, I will swallow!” It was a really weird dessert. Don't ever try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment